Geographic Information Systems (GIS) represents the intersection of geospatial data management, analysis, research, and visualization and mapping. Students who complete our certificate have acquired and honed their skills in fundamental GIS concepts, applications, analysis, and programming. The certificate may be acquired within the geography master's but is open to students in other programs, non-degree seeking students, or outside professionals who wish to add GIS capabilities to their careers. A grade of at least B is required in every course counted toward the certificate. Geography 5510 (GIS for Applied Research or equivalent) is a prerequisite for the certificate.
Applications to the UNT Graduate GIS Certificate Program can be submitted online at the Graduate School website, under Graduate Academic Certificate.
Current UNT graduate students can submit applications to the UNT Graduate GIS Certificate Program at the Graduate School website, under Concurrent Admission.
- GEOG 5560 Application Development with Python Progamming
- GEOG 5550 Advanced Geographic Information Systems
- GEOG 5590 Advanced GIS Programming
Choose One Course:
- GEOG 5530 - Digital Image Analysis (old course number is GEOG 5570)
- GEOG 5570 Special Topics in GIS - LiDAR
- GEOG 5570 Special Topics in GIS - Enterprise GIS
Learn more about GIS & Remote Sensing at UNT here.