The GIS faculty at UNT has core expertise in spatial analysis and modeling, remote sensing, and computational geography that support our BS programs in Geography and GIS+CS, our MS programs, as well as our GIS Certificates. Our interests cover health and medical geography, environmental analysis, and location intelligence and modeling.
Current research projects include:
- Emergency response planning and analysis (Tiwari & Mikler)
- Disease mapping and modeling (Tiwari & Oppong)
- Applications of LiDAR for disaster and environmental assessment (Dong & Liang)
- Citizen science and applications of GIS and remote sensing (Dong & Liang)
- Applications of UAV and sensor technologies for environmental monitoring (Liang)
- Location intelligence for retail location and business applications (Rice & Tiwari)
Learn more about our GIS certificates here.