The GIS faculty at UNT has core expertise in spatial analysis and modeling, remote sensing, and computational geography. Our interests cover health and medical geography, environmental analysis, and location intelligence and modeling.
Current research projects include:
- Emergency response planning and analysis (Tiwari & Mikler)
- Disease mapping and modeling (Tiwari & Oppong)
- Applications of LiDAR for disaster and environmental assessment (Dong & Liang)
- Citizen science and applications of GIS and remote sensing (Dong & Liang)
- Applications of UAV and sensor technologies for environmental monitoring (Liang)
- Location intelligence for retail location and business applications (Rice & Tiwari)
Learn more about our GIS certificates here.